The Millinery Institute of Great Britain present: Ladies Hat fashions for Spring 1967
Dorchester Hotel, London
LADIES HAT FASHIONS ON SHOW.
The Millinery Institute of Great Britain's 'Gigolo' collection for Spring 1967:
MS A model sitting on the floor surrounded by hats.
CU Three girls modelling different styles:
1) L to R: 'Cowhand' A sugar pink straw stetson. 'Rustler' A giant white straw laise stetson with wide navy blue ribbon. 'Daisy Fellowes' Thirties style in icy blue descibed as 'a tea on the terrace hat'
2) ones with brims & psychadelic
3) all three girls wearing 'Gertie', a bulbous straw beret in black navy and beige with giant plastic discs.
4) Cowhand, Rustler & Daisy Fellowes as before.
5) Psychedelic paper hats - which all cost under £1 and can all be thrown away!
CU three individual girls
1) 'Tropicana' Thirties style hat with unusual brimline and tropical colours
2) 'Jump' Navy and white, military-type straw hat
3) 'Spotlight' A feather hat with 'frou-frou' top and willowy feathers decorited with sequins.
Two girls wearing L to R: 'It-girl' A cloche with zig-zag pattern of burnt straw. 'Dolly Dee' A thirties style 'slouchy' hat trimmd with swinging pink feathers.
CU a model smoking a cigarette wearing 'Clara', a showerproof cloche.
CU a model wearing 'Expedition', a natural straw trimmed with art nouveau patterned crepe.
The girls modelling inside the Park Suite of the the Dorchester with audience of women.
Cataloguers note: Good hats and fabulous make-up! See documentation for the written commentary for the collection with details and prices.