Classic vintage cars gather at Beaulieu motor museum
Various shots of vintage cars and motorcycles throughout.
M/S Green Ford two seater passes camera, approaching Beaulieu Abbey . Shot of entrance as car stops at gates. Driver shows pass to door keeper. Inside Abbey grounds, pan along long row of vintage cars. M/S vintage car, red 1899 Daimler, backed into space.
Sunbeam Motor Cycle Club Rally. Row of old motorcycles. C/U lamp being polished. Belt drive being adjusted. Radiator of Ford with club badges on bumper; elderly man inspects them. C/U lamp and hooter. Captain Cecil Burney with hearing aid, bending over engine, looks at 1901 Dart motor cycle engine. M/S coupe car. C/U steering wheel of 1903 De Dion Bouton, pan up to show Lord Montagu, who then drives off. He stops, gets out and opens radiator , C/U engine running . M/S vintage car , Clement Talbot, driven by Charles Meisl, driven through gardens. M/S motor cycle parade starts. M/S parade ground, Abbey buildings in background, vintage car driven left to right.
The museum was established in 1952 in memory of Lord Montagu, MP 1882 - 1905.
Note: The documentation file includes a Sunbeam Club official programme from the day - Sunday June 17th 1956. For search purposes: Montague.