The Libyan leader, Colonel Muanmar Gaddafi, has made a wide ranging attack on the continuing existence of the state of Israel.
1. GV Crowd shouting and waving fists in air. 0.06
2. CU Gaddafi speaking in Arabic with English translation overlaid throughout. 1.01
3. GVs Audience. (2 SHOTS) 1.17
4. CU Gaddafi speaking (2 SHOTS) BACKSHOT Gaddafi with audience in front of him. (2 SHOTS) 1.27
5. CU Gaddafi speaking. 1.59
6. SV Gaddafi, smiling, gesticulates with audience. 2.07
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: TRIPOLI, LIBYA
The Libyan leader, Colonel Muanmar Gaddafi, has made a wide ranging attack on the continuing existence of the state of Israel. Speaking to a meeting of supporters in Tripoli, he said that peace would never come to the Middle East while Israel continued to survive. Just one day after the swearing in of the new Egyptian Cabinet, Colonel Gaddafi said that President Hosni Mubarak would meet the same fate as his predecessor, Anwar Sadat, if he continued to support the Camp David agreement. In the same speech, Colonel Gaddafi also condemned the placing of US sanctions on the Soviet Union over the Polish crisis but said that Libya was ready to send food and other emergency aid to the Polish people.
Source: LIBYAN TELEVISION