The military funeral of Egyptian Prime Minister Fuad Mohieddin took place in Cairo on June 6.
1. GV PAN FROM Funeral cortege TO coffin on horse-drawn gun carriage. 0.13
2. SV President Mubarak and acting Prime Minister Kamal Hassan Ali (on Mubarak's left). 0.20
3. SV Defence Minister Abu Ghazala (in uniform). 0.23
4. GV Funeral procession walking towards late President Sadat's tomb. 0.30
5. GV Coffin on horse-drawn carriage. 0.35
6. LV & GVs Procession behind coffin, passing Sadat's tomb. (3 SHOTS) 0.51
7. GV & SVs Mubarak with acting Prime Minister Kamal Hassan Ali. (3 SHOTS) 1.01
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: CAIRO, EGYPT
The military funeral of Egyptian Prime Minister Fuad Mohieddin took place in Cairo on June 6. President Hosni Mubarak, flanked by Mohieddin's 27-year-old son, Ibrahim, and Foreign Minister Kamal Hassan Ali, marched behind a gun carriage bearing the flag-draped coffin. Mourners also included Egyptian Defence Minister Mohammed Abdel-Halim Abu Ghazala and Sudanese vice-president Omar Mohammed El-Tayeb. The procession, headed by military bands, marched down a broad avenue to the tomb by Egypt's unknown warrior, where late President Anwar Sadat is buried. Fuad Mohieddin died of a heart attack on June 5, aged 58. Political commentators said his career was that of a shrewd administrator with a reputation for caution. They said no obvious candidate to succeed Mohieddin had emerged, although Foreign Minister Kamal Hassan Ali has been named acting Prime Minister. Official sources have said no major policy changes are expected under the cabinet's new leadership.
Source: REUTERS AND NBC POOL