There was a stronghold on this place in the X century and a settlement in the XI century.
There was a stronghold on this place in the X century and a settlement in the XI century. In the XIV century there already were 3 churches. In 1596 the King Zygmunt III Waza got into possession of the Castle. He made Warsaw the capital of Poland. Up to the second world war The Warsaw Old Town with the King's Castle was the most beautiful and most valuable of European architect monuments.
-Warsaw was never as much ruined in its history as it was during the last world war years. The total Extermination program was realized prcoisely tow ash up anything that could bear witness of Polish national culture.
- The decision to rebuild warsaw was set up in the first days after the liberation of the town in January of 1945. The historical districts were rebuilt in virtue of the old iconography and the records. During a half of a century only the Castle was lacking there.
-The decision to rebuild the Castle was taken on 20 the January of 1971. The first Secretary of Central Committee of Polish United Warkers' Party Edward Gierek informed the delegates that the Political Bureau assumed an a positive attitude towards the proposals of the Warsaw authorities and social delegates to undertake the rebuilding of the King's Castle - the symbol of our natural culture.
- Almost all the important events of Polish history are connected with the Castle. It was not only the King's residence. Here were the state's chancelleries and her the ministers officiated. Here came into being the conception of the Knight's School and here two hundred years ago the Board of National Education - the first central school authority in Europe, was called into being.
- The case of the reconstruction of the castle became the case of the whole nation.
The Social Committee - called into being meets with a number of proposals and incentives proving the social support of the idea.
- Many thousand of people have worked without payment for the reconstruction of the Castle. Following declarations for this work flow in continuously.
- Because of the unique character of the building, it was a complicated matter to craw the project. A number of Project Offices, Enterprise and high schools took part in it.
- The walls of the Castle are going up. The low temperature and the anow have not influence on the rate of the work. The work is strenuous. Most of the work has to be done by hands. They make efforts to finish the walls of the ???this Ring and a fragment of the south part of the C??? by the end of this year. And cover all the cellars. The work will continue through the winter.
- Despite the damages and robbery it remained so much that the total reconstruction of the Castle is possible.
The Cothic sellars, the two portals, one of a palace wing and a part of sings Library have lasted.
- Recently, some lost fragments of sculptures and elevations have been found in an unexpected, quits sensational way.
- We are in possession of the architectonic plans as well as of 3000 photographs, several thousand of architectonic and sculpture frog???ento, more than 30 pictures, over 60 places of sculpture, 16 fire-places, more than one hundred pieces of furniture and many others, among which them the throne and the regalia. There also is the urn with the heart of Tadeusz Roeciuszko - our national hero. It was deposited in the Warsaw Cathedral in September of 1939.
- Owing to these mementoes the Castle will be precisely reconstructed and to some extent authentic.
- The damages were immense. On the 17 the September of 1939 Cermens started to throw the fire-balls to the Castle. That day the roof upon the Ball-Room and Rucciarelli's plafond when up in flames. The Castle was devastated and plundered on the Hitler's order. The nappers made lo??? thousand holes for dynamite. The bare walls of the Castle were blown up in autumn of 1944.
- The monument conservators do what it only can be done to save anything. With the Castle it was connected a number of Famous names. The art-works of such a famous masters as Caffieri, Germain, Falconet were brought to the Castle, The interiors were designs by Jacob ???ontana, Dominik Merlini, Jun Chryotian Xamsetzer. In the dining-room there was 68 pictures, among them Jordaens' ???tto Caravaggio's Sebastian Ricci's A lot of works of Bacciarell's Jan Bogumila ???lersch's Jeana Pillement's Jakuo ???onaldies, Andrzej he Brun's. They all were the treasures of the European Art.
- The gifts for the benefit of the Castle flow in everyday not only from Poland but as well from all over the world, especially from Polish colonies. Author's fees, special gratifications, money received for concerts, spectacles, inventions and others being transferred to the account of the Castle reconstruction show the liberality of roles living in the country and abroad. The involvement of the well known and having influence people in the reconstruction of the Castle is of a great value and help.
- The whole nation have an unabated interest in the reconstruction of the Castle. Recently, the two million brick has been laid. At the earliest, in the first quarter of the coming year the Gothic ???ing will be finish so within a few weeks the first Part of a roof will be put on. The whole building will be covered by a plastic tent, heating devices and mats will prevent against the frost.
- The first interiors are ready and open to the public. The King's Library, begin build in 1779 - 1782 years by ???erlini. The room 56 meters long divided by the two rows of lonic pillars is decorated by the stucco medallions. By now you can see there the throne, before it is put on its right place, and the portrait of the King Gtaniss August.
- In the adjoining building, where once was Bacciarelli's studio, now there is the Wedding Place. The fact that you can marry here and even arrange a wedding party, is already the note to the latest history of the Warsaw Castle