An international team of sportsmen attended a remembrance service to the martyrs of the Iranian revolution, at a Teheran cemetery on Saturday (6 February).
1. GV & SV People getting off coach and entering cemetery. (3 SHOTS) 0.19
2. SV Portrait of martyr in shrine. 0.22
3. GV People walking through cemetery. 0.29
4. CU PULL BACK People laying flowers at shrine. (2 SHOTS) 0.51
5. SV INT PAN People awaiting arrival of Mr. Hojatoleslam Obdolmajid Moadikhah, Minister for National Guidance. 0.58
6. SV Arrival of Minister. 1.17
7. SV People seated in auditorium. 1.22
8. CU PULL BACK SV Hojatoleslam Moadikhah speaking in Farsi. 1.41
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: TEHERAN, IRAN
An international team of sportsmen attended a remembrance service to the martyrs of the Iranian revolution, at a Teheran cemetery on Saturday (6 February). Bulgarians, Soviets, Chines, Yugoslavian and Iranians laid flowers at the shrine of several leading members of the Islamic state killed in bomb explosions recently. Among those buried in the cemetery are Ayatollah Teleghani, who had been a prominent aide to the Iranian leader, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, and other politicians in the Majlis (Parliament). The following day, the Iranian Minister for National Guidance, Mr. Hojatoleslam Moadikhah, spoke to the foreign guests of the Iranian government in Teheran.
Source: REUTERS - AHMAD DELSHADIAN