In Paris on March 23, France and the Soviet Union played a friendly soccer match.
1. GV France playing in blue shirts in possession; attacking Soviet goal but attack foiled by Soviet players and goalkeeper who receives ball 0.14
2. GV Crowd watches as Soviet players make unsuccessful attack on French goal (3 shots) 0.30
3. GVs Crowd watches as Soviet player Tchernenkow scores the first goal of the match 0.48
4. GV Scoreboard showing FRANCE 0: URSS 1. 0.50
5. GV France attacking and Luis Fernandez scores the equaliser 0.58
6. GV Scoreboard shows FRANCE 1: URSS 1. 1.01
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: SPORT: SOCCER
In Paris on March 23, France and the Soviet Union played a friendly soccer match. The Soviet players wearing white shirts were well matched by the French team which was fourth in the World Cup. The home side which included new recruits Luis Fernandez, Jean Marc Ferreri and Lois Amisse were in control at first. Then the Soviets took over and Tchernenkov scored on the half hour mark. In the 43rd minute Michel Platini set up the equaliser with a delicate back heel to Luis Fernandez who drove the ball home.
Source: REUTERS - PIERRE RIHOUET