South Korea's Kim Yae Young defeated his Japanese opponent, Ken Ichi Haraguchi, in the up to 60 kilograms category of the Judo World Cup, held in Vienna on November 13.
UP TO 60 Kg:
1. GV Kim Yae Young (No. 115), the winner, fighting Ken Ichi Haragachi (4 shots) 0.26
2. SV Kim receiving winner's medal 0.33
UP TO 65 Kg:
3. GV & SV Yosuke Yamamoto (No. 213) fighting Josef Reiter (No. 203). Yosuke Yamamoto wins. (2 shots) 0.49
4. SV Yosuke Yamamoto receiving winner's medal 0.53
UP TO 86 Kg:
5. GVs & SVs Vitali Pesniak (No. 522) fighting Peter Seisenbacher (No. 503) (5 shots) 1.43
6. SV Pesniak receiving winner's medal 2.00
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: VIENNA, AUSTRIA
South Korea's Kim Yae Young defeated his Japanese opponent, Ken Ichi Haraguchi, in the up to 60 kilograms category of the Judo World Cup, held in Vienna on November 13. In the up to 65 kilograms competition, Japan's Yosuke Yamamoto beat Austria's Josef Reiter in a well-contested but. In the up to 86 kilograms category, the Soviet Union's Vitali Pesniak defeated Austria's Peter Seisenbacher, who took second place, followed by France's Fabien Canu, third, and Kyung Ho Park of South Korea, placed fourth. Other countries taking part in the championships included Bulgaria, Poland, the United States, Yugoslavia, and East and West Germany.