Elements of the Korean Tigers are trying to make close friend with the Central Vietnam highlanders "Montagnagnards" right after they have moved to the Duc-Co Special Camp, 35 miles South West of Pleiku, and 220 miles North East of Saigon, on the 9th of July, from their tactical area of Oui-Nhon, where the Korean Tiger Division Headquarters is located.
- panning of general view of the Montagnard village
- the families of the special forces Montagnards, kinds and women
- children and women who are working in front of their houses
- bamboo sticks to prevent any vietcong infiltration into the Duc-Co special force camp
- Lt. Col. Chai, Commander of the 3rd Bat of the Armoured Regiment, Tiger Division, with the montagnards
- Lt. Col. Chai is shaking hands with the Montagnards after he has hand over the rice bags to the villagers
- Captain Kim, naked as the traditional Montagnards, shaking hands close with them, after distribution of rice bags
- Korean tigers and the Montagnards drinking their rice wine and also several American soldiers
- Traditional Montagnards band playing around the place of wine drinking
- Montagnards lady close-up and the wine barrel
- an old man who is drumming around
- close-up of the band instruments
- close-up of the Montagnards faces
GV. Pan Village.
SV. Mother and Child outside House.
SV. Pan across Bamboo spikes to man on guard.
SV. Pan villagers, to Soldier shaking hands with villagers.
SCU. Soldier shaking hands with villagers.
GV. Men shake hands.
SCU. Soldier taking a drink.
GV. Villagers beat Drums
SV and CU. Children Look on.
CU. Man beat Drum on Ground
CU. Drummers beating Drums
ALWAYS NAME CLOSE-UPS OF INDIVIDUALS - IN GROUP NAME ALL PERSONS FROM LEFT TO RIGHT, ENCLOSE NEWS CUTTINGS PROGRAMMES AND OFFICIAL HANDOUTS. PLEASE ADD COLOURFUL BACKGROUND INFORMATION OBTAINABLE ONLY BY CAMERAMAN-ON-THE-SPOT (FOR THE USE OF THE SCRIPTWRITERS). PLEASE PHOTOGRAPHICALLY IDENTIFY EACH ROLL.
EX: Tokyo Syndicated to 4 Jap. stations Original PRO-VIS-London
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: Elements of the Korean Tigers are trying to make close friend with the Central Vietnam highlanders "Montagnagnards" right after they have moved to the Duc-Co Special Camp, 35 miles South West of Pleiku, and 220 miles North East of Saigon, on the 9th of July, from their tactical area of Oui-Nhon, where the Korean Tiger Division Headquarters is located.
The Korean Tigers are making friends with the Montagnagnards dancing and drinking as the custom of the highlanders at the Duc-Co Special Camp. This kind of civic action is very important in the Republic of Vietnam to pacify the Communist influenced poor villagers as like to clear and destroy the Vietcong stronghold, while the tigers patrolling the Cambodian border to block the Ho' trial.