PAUL RICARD ???
1. LV PAN & SV Marlboro McLaren car being prepared (2 shots) 0.10
2. CU Alain Prost watching 0.14
3. LV PAN DOWN & CU People on balconies watch, front end of McLaren car of Alain Prost (3 shots) 0.38
4. CU PAN AS Prost starts car and drives out on to circuit 0.51
5. LV PAN Prost driving around circuit 1.04
6. TV PAN Prost in McLaren followed by Patrick Tambay in Renualt 1.20
7. SV, PAN Tambay driving Renault (2 shots) 1.38
8. SV, LV, PANS Derek Warwick driving Renault over circuit (2 shots) 1.55
SPORT: MOTOR RACING
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: PAUL RICARD ??? FRANCE
Alain Prost of France, who was dramatically pipped for the Formula One world drivers's championship last season, tested his Marlboro McLaren at the Paul Ricard Circuit in France on December 8. Prost, with team-mate and world champion Niki Lauda, completely dominated the Grand Prix season in the McLarens, notching up 12 wins our of 16 races. The new car has a graphite-fibre chassis and is powered by a Porsche Tag turbo engine. Motoring authorities say it is superior to the old vehicle, with far better aerodynamics and suspension. Also testing at the Paul Ricard circuit were Renault drivers Derek Warwick of Britain and France's Patrick Tambay. The new season of motor racing will start on March 24 in Dallas, Texas.
Source: REUTERS - YVES RONDEAU