Meeting took place this morning in a hangar, at the RAF section of Nicosia airport.?
Roll No. 1
- Vigilantes removing sand bags from road-side fortification. (Most of the younger ones are no longer to been seen around...the present elder ones could be police in civilian clothes).
- Sign "TRUCE HQ" with hangar in BG.
- Group of military taking notes... L-R, bared-headed Turk; Peak cap with gold work another Turkish officer; beret British; black peak cap a Greek Cypriot.
-Maj Gen P.G. Young + Group capt Campbell exit from hangar.
- Mixture of Greek + Turkish officers. (All Turkish officers wear binoculars).
- Campbell talks to Greeks + Turks together. Civilian with camera is Turkish Embassy 2nd secretary.
- Young shakes hands with 2 Greeks, who then walk off.
- Grouped British servicemen nearby.
- Turkish M.P. jeep drives off, followed by Turkish Army command Mercedes.
- RAF radio landrover.
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: Meeting took place this morning in a hangar, at the RAF section of Nicosia airport. British, Turkish + Greek officers met to arrange the construction of the joint Force. So far, there is no sign of said Force...and British troops are alone involved.