PURPOSE: To provide a pleasant, leisurely and informative visit for Her Majesty with the requested minimum of formalities.
No available shotlist
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: PURPOSE: To provide a pleasant, leisurely and informative visit for Her Majesty with the requested minimum of formalities.
SEQUENCE OF EVENTS:
A. To be accomplished in four phases
1. Aloha at planeside by the Governor
2. Presentation of Governor's guests
3. Relaxation and entertainment in lounge
4. Aloha on departure
B. Detailed plan of activities
1. Plan 1 - See enclosure 1
Plan 2 - See enclosure 2
Plan 3 - See enclosure 3
Plan 4 - See enclosure 4
2. Security - See enclosure 5
3. Publicity coverage - See enclosure 6
C. Plan for greeting of entourage (See enclosure 7)
D. Alternate plan for inclement weather (See enclosure 8)
Phase I - Aloha by the governor
I. Greeting party at planeside (Station I)
1. Governor of Hawaii
2. Mrs. John a. Burrs
3. Mr. Wildred Hindle, H.M.C.
4. Mr. Wilfred Hindle
5. Mary Beth Burns
6.Gay Skrine (step-daughter of Mr. hindle)
7. Attendant General F. R. Boyles - Asst. to the Governor
II. Sequence of Events -Kahili bearers at planeside
1. Conch horns on the ramp will announce Her Majesty's arrival
2. Mr. Hindle will effect appropriate introductions
3. Governor Burns will present a lei to Her Majesty
4. Miss Mary Beth Burns will present a lei to His Royal Highness
(Ilima leis will be carried to the aircraft in an acceptable container by Miss Gay Skrine and administered by General container by Miss Gay Skrine and administered by General boyles to the Governor and Miss Burns)
5. Her Majesty, His Royal Highness and the greeting party, (preceded by the kahili bearers) will proceed to Station II, #6. The remainder of Her Majesty's party will remain momentarily to receive leis from Hawaiian greeters and will then proceed to Station Ii (See Appendix A)
6. As the combined party at 5 proceed - reception girls will come forward from Area O with leis for Her Majesty's party. The reception girls may then proceed to Area E to assist in the entertainment.
(This sequence of events should consume approximately 3 minutes)
Phase II - Presentation of the Governor's guests
I. To be presented
(To be supplied)
II. Sequence of events
1. Conch horns will announce entry of Her Majesty through Gate 15 enroute to Station II
2. Kahili bearers will precede party
3. Kamehameha girls chorus will sing Hawaiian songs
4. Introductions by Governor Burns
5. The planeside greeting party will accompany Her Majesty and the Governor to Station III (See Appendix A)
Phase III - Relaxation and Entertainment
I. Sequence of Events
1. The Royal party and the Governor's party - minus guests at Encl. 2 - move inside lounge
2. Introduction by Governor Burns
a. Lt. Gov. and Mrs. William S. Richardson
b. Mr. Nelson K. Doi, President of the senate
c. Mr. Elmer F. Cravalho - Speaker of the House
3. Her Majesty and the Governor will occupy the area designated for them
4. The remainder of those present may be at large in other areas of the lounge
5. Tea will be offered to Her Majesty and the Governor. Cocktails and pupus will be available (See Appendix B)
6. With Her Majesty's consent, a program of Hawaiian entertainment will be presented at Area M.
(This sequence of events will require approximately 22 minutes)
Activity Inside Station III
1. The tea service, appropriate china and crystal will be provided by Washington Place.
2. Refreshments, tea, cocktails and pupu will be acquired as directed by the Governor.
3. A British steward and an American stewardess will effect preparation of items at 2 above.
4. Tea will be served Her Majesty by Miss Mary Beth Burns.
5. Tea will be served the Governor by Miss Gay Skrine.
6. Cocktails will be served by official Hawaiian greeter girls.
Phase IV - Presentation of Gift and Alohas
(BOAC officials will notify General Boyles when the royal aircraft is ready for departure)
I. Sequence of Events
1. The Governor with Her Majesty and the party in attendance in the lounge will proceed to Station II. At this point they will be joined by the personnel in Enclosure II as appropriate.
2. The Governor will present a gift to Her Majesty from the people of Hawaii.
3. If Her Majesty is so disposed, she will respond
4. The party proceeds through Gate 15 at which point only the original greeting party at Encl. 1 less Miss Mary Beth Burns and Miss Gay Skrine will proceed to Station I.
5. The Kamehameha boys chorus will render "Aloha Oe" as final alohas are said to Her Majesty and His Royal Highness at planeside.
(This sequence of events will require about 14 minutes)