Twelve people died when fire raged through a tenement in Hongkong yesterday. It's believed the?
Twelve people died when fire raged through a tenement in Hongkong yesterday. It's believed the fire started when electricity wires on the ground floor of the three story building short circuited igniting raw materials of a plastics factory. Within minute the ground floor was a Ma???s of flaming plastics. Sixteen people managed to flee the blazing building, but twelve others, all on the upper floors were trapped. Some of these who escaped death did so by leaping from upper storey windows onto miles of rubbish in a vacant lot. The tenement was burnt out. Mours after the blaze had been brought under control, firemen were still probing the debris for bodies. The dead lived in upper floor apartments at the rear of the building. The stairs were blocked by flames. Sixteen people were injured in the fire, including two fireman. Ironically it was raining heavily at the blaze broke out.