609. Britain's top athlete, Derek Ibbotson, is so keep on running that he even spends?
609. Britain's top athlete, Derek Ibbotson, is so keep on running that he even spends his holidays on the track. Here he is in Oslo, and this time it's the 5,000 metres event. Despite an injured foot he soon has the rest of the field trailing.
655. Despite determined attempts to overhaul him by the two Norwegians, Saksvik and Turgersen, and Frenchman Chillet, the Englishman retains a comfortable lead.
680. Nobody can hang on to the determined Ibbotson. He's out in front to stay. And when the race is won, he looks fit enough to run it all over again!
655. And the Britisher retains his lead while the two Norwegians, Saksvik and Turgersen join Frenchman Chillet in the vain chase after the leader.
680. But nobody can hang on to Derek Ibbotson - he's out in front and that's where he's staying. So Britain's newest ambassador of sport wins yet again and he looks fresh enough to run another race.
609. And now so to Oslow and Britain's top athlete, Derek Ibbotson the man who spends even his holiday in the running track and this time it's a 5,000 metres race And Ibbotson goes straight into the lead to dictate the race from the front. And in spite of his injured foot the rest of the field are already struggling to keep on the tail of Ibbotson.