• Short Summary

    The Turkish team, Fenerbahce, were knocked cut of the European Union of Football Associations Cup Competition on Wednesday, when they lost on aggregate to O.

  • Description

    GV Fenerbahce take corner and have several shots at goal, each one blocked.

    LV Fenerbahce goalkeeper.

    GV Fenerbahce take penalty, goalkeeper saves it, No.8 scores putting it into back of net.

    GV Spectators.

    Second Half. GV Fenerbahce take penalty and score goal, PAN TO players crowding around referee disputing goal (2 shots)

    GV Nice attack, goalkeeper saves.

    GV Players walking off field, exchanging shirts.

    Initials APSM/1714 APSM/1735

    Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved

    Background: The Turkish team, Fenerbahce, were knocked cut of the European Union of Football Associations Cup Competition on Wednesday, when they lost on aggregate to O.G.C. Nice. Although they beat Nice 2-0 on Wednesday. Nice had beaten them four-nil in their first match on the previous day.

    In Wednesday's game, Fenerbahce went on the attack early in the first half, and four corners were conceded in the first four minutes. The Nice team tried to turn the tables and mounted several assaults on the Turkish goal, but without success.

    In the last minutes of the first half, Mustafa of Fenerbahce was brought down by Nice defence players in front of their goal, and the Turks were awarded a penalty. It was taken by Cemil, but the goalkeeper got a foot to it and kicked it away. Osman of Fenerbahce managed to reach the ball before a defender and slammed it into the back of the net.

    In the sixtieth minute in the second half, a Nice player handled the ball in the penalty area and this time Osman made sure of scoring the penalty goal. However, some of the Nice players refused to accept this and Adams began struggling with the referee in the middle of the pitch. The referee had no choice but to send Adams off the field.

    Fenerbahce kept the pressure up for most of the second half, though the Nice players occasionally managed to take the game out of their half. The final whistle went with Fenerbahce winning 2-nil.

    SYNOPSIS: In the Cup Competition ???nised by the European Union of Fo??? Associations, O.G.C. N??? strip - won through ??? he third round on aggregate after Wednesday's match in Turkey against Fenerbahce. Though Fenerbahce won the match two-nil, the Nice team had beaten them on the previous day, four-nil.

    Towards the end of the first half, Fenerbahce were awarded a penalty. The Nice goalkeeper managed to get to it, but the Turkish number eight made it one nil. In the second half Fenerbahce were given another penalty, and the same player, Osman, put the ball into the net first time. But the Nice players disputed the penalty, and a rough-house with the referee ended with one of them being sent off.

    In the final stages of the game. Nice made several valiant attempts to take the play into their opponent's half, but never really looked like scoring. Time and again they were pushed back to defend their own goal, and at the final wh???le, the Turks had won two-nil. However, as they left the field, the Nice players had the consolation of knowing they were still in the EUFA Cup.

  • Tags

  • Data

    Film ID:
    Media URN:
    Reuters - Source to be Verified
    Issue Date:
    HD Format:
    Available on request
    Time in/Out:

Comments (0)

We always welcome comments and more information about our films.
All posts are reactively checked. Libellous and abusive comments are forbidden.

Add your comment