MONTE CARLO, MONACO
To the sound of muffled drums, the funeral procession of Princess Grace of Monaco its way through the narrow streets of the Old City of Monte Carlo on September 18.
MONTE CARLO, MONACO
1. GV Coffin being carried by monks through streets of Old City and cortege (2 shots) 0.16
2. SV Prince Rainfer, Princess Caroline and Prince Albert 0.24
3. GV EXTERIOR Cathedral 0.30
4. TS INTERIOR Clergy leading procession followed y coffin 0.53
5. SV Mourners including Mrs. Nancy Reagan and Princess of Wales 1.05
6. GV Clergy at altar 1.07
7. SV Honagasque Royal family kneeling 1.15
8. SV PULL BACK TO GV Pink roses surrounding coffin of Princess Grace (2 shots) 1.41
9. SV PAN EXTERIOR Family leaves cathedral and gets in car (2 shots) 2.15
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: MONTE CARLO, MONACO
To the sound of muffled drums, the funeral procession of Princess Grace of Monaco its way through the narrow streets of the Old City of Monte Carlo on September 18. The coffin of the Princess, who died on September 14 after a car crash, was carried by twelve monks for the royal palace Roman Catholic Mass. The coffin was draped in the red and white flag of the Grimaldi Royal family. Her husband, Prince Rainier, and one of her two daughters, Princess Caroline, walked just behind the coffin. Both were weeping. On Prince Rainier's left was his soon and heir Prince Albert. Princess Stephanie, the younger daughter was not at the funeral. She is still in hospital recovering from back injuries she sustained in the car accident that killed her mother. Monaco's cathedral was filled with mourners from around the world including representatives of more than 20 countries and ten royal families who came to pay their last respects to the Former Hollywood star. They included Mrs. Nancy Reagan, wife of American President and a friend of the Princess from her Hollywood days: Diana, Princess of Wales, representing the British royal family, and Cary Grant who starred with Grace Kelly in the 1955 popular movie, 'To Catch a Thief'. After the Mass, the Royal family returned to the palace. Later in the afternoon Princess Grace was buried in the royal crypt in a ceremony attended only by her immediate family.
Source: TELEDIFFUSION DE FRANCE