President Hosni Mubarak of Egypt reiterated his support of United States diplomatic efforts towards a peaceful settlement in the Middle East on April 24.
1. GVs Crotal missile at military base near Cairo. (4 SHOTS) 0.15
2. SV ZOOM INTO SCU President Mubarak and Defence Minister Abu Ghazala seated with other officials. (2 SHOTS) 0.21
3. GV Two Sam-7 missiles being fired across each other. 0.29
4. GV Remote control model airplane taking off and being shot down during demonstration of fire power. 0.44
5. GV Other missile leaving trail in sky after being launched. 0.49
6. SCU President Mubarak speaking (English SOT) 1.10
TRANSCRIPT: MUBARAK: (SEQ 6) "It's very important, and it's very sensitive, to the whole area, that a withdrawal or an agreement should take place and a withdrawal should be fulfilled, because this reflects the image of the United States in such a sensitive position."
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
President Hosni Mubarak of Egypt reiterated his support of United States diplomatic efforts towards a peaceful settlement in the Middle East on April 24. Mr. Mubarak was speaking during a display of Egyptian air power at a military base 40 kilometres west of the capital, Cairo. He was accompanied by Defence Minister Abu Ghazala and local representatives of friendly foreign states such as Sudan. The display included the testing of Crotal and Sam-7 missiles, and a demonstration of ground-to-air fire power. In a short address to reporters, the Egyptian president said he hope the forthcoming visit of U.S. Secretary of State George Shultz would hasten the withdrawal of Israeli troops from Lebanon. Mr. Shultz was due to meet President Mubarak in Cairo on April 26 at the start of a ten-day peace mission to Lebanon.
Source: REUTERS - MOHAMAD FAHMY