This was the first rally held in Saigon after the takeover. A crowd of thousands?
- GV's crowds with flags and banners in Presidential Palace
- Different shots speakers on balcony waving at crowd
- Shots honour guard in front of palace
- Differents shots faces looking up at balcony
- People marching past dias
- Shots PRG soldiers at attention, Navy soldiers at attention etc.
- More shots crowds and lion dance in progress
- Crowds cheering as General Tran Van Tra is carried on shoulders
- GV's and SV's different groups around grounds
- People leaving with banners and flags
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: This was the first rally held in Saigon after the takeover. A crowd of thousands listened to Gen. Tran Van tra, the commander of Military Management Committee (the name of the body responsible for the running of the country until such time as a Government can be appointed) tell them the details of the victory of the PRG and urge them to continue working for the construction of the country. Groups from all walks of life attended the rally and security was provided by PRG branches of Navy, Air Force and Army. Reuters have more.