A mystery explosion seriously damaged room 205 at the Intercontinental Hotel in Amman last week.?
A mystery explosion seriously damaged room 205 at the Intercontinental Hotel in Amman last week. A spokesman for the Ministry of the Interior said it was caused by two gas cylinder of the type used for refuelling cigarette lighters.
The cylinders had apparently been packed with TNT explosive, but the spokesman offered no explanation for the motive behind the explosion.
He said the room had been occupied by a girl student named Visailiki Soterov, travelling on a Cyprus passport. The girl was aged between 23 and 25, and had arrived by road from Syria on 7 November. She had left the country on Wednesday (10 November) - the day of the explosion - without paying her hotel bill at taking her luggage, she spokesman said.