Italy and Czechoslovakia drew 1-1 in a friendly international football match in Verona on April 7 before a crowd of 35-thousand.
1. GV Italy, in blue shirts, attack, and Czech keeper blocks shot. 0.10
2. GV Italy attack and strike No. 7 narrowly misses post from long range. (2 SHOTS) 0.20
3. GV Italy attack and No.7 deflects ball off Czech player, forcing keeper to make one-hand save. 0.29
4. GV Czechs attack and Italian keeper, makes diving save. 0.39
5. GVs Italy score with Bagni, No.4, shots from close range. (2 SHOTS) 1.01
6. GV Italy fail to score after keeper saves in box. 1.09
7. GV Czechoslovakia scores after Griga heads into open goal. 1.19
8. GV Czech keeper saves header. 1.34
SPORT: SOCCEREUROVISION RECORDING
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: VERONA, ITALY
Italy and Czechoslovakia drew 1-1 in a friendly international football match in Verona on April 7 before a crowd of 35-thousand. In a largely defensive game, characterised by long range shots on goal, there was only one goal in each half. The home from close range. Before that, Italy had forced Czech goalkeeper Miklosko to make several one-handed saves, including one from a deflection. The visitors equalised in the 68th minute when Griga headed into an open goal after a teammate had beaten the Italian goalkeeper, Bordon, with a cross.