Thousands of Jordanians attended a rally in Amman on Monday (22 March) to express their support of Iraq in its war against Iran.
1. GV Palace of Culture at Hussein Youth in Amman 0.05
2. CU Palace of Culture plaque 0.08
3. GV/SV PAN Supporters arriving at rally (2 shots) 0.26
4. CU PULL BACK TO SV Posters of portraits of King Hussein and President Hussein of Iraq together and King Hussein with troops (2 shots) 0.42
5. GV Audience at rally listening to Mr. Suliman Arar, Minister of Interior (2 shots) 1.23
6. GV Audience applauding 1.29
7. GV ZOOM INTO SV Mrs. Haifa Al Bashir speaking 2.17
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: AMMAN, JORDAN
Thousands of Jordanians attended a rally in Amman on Monday (22 March) to express their support of Iraq in its war against Iran. King Hussein has formed the volunteer Yarmouk brigade to fight the Iraqi forces, and a call was made at the rally for people 'throughout the Arab countries' to fight Iran. Among the speakers was Jordan's Minister of the Interior, Suliman Arar. The audience was told Iran should be condemned for a stance which was 'hostile to the Arab nation and mankind, and which still rejects Iraq's responsible initiative to stop the war. Also attacked were Arab rulers who allied themselves with the rally to form three committees: an information committee to support Iraq; another to collect contributions for the Yarmouk force, and one to encourage more volunteers to join up.
Source: REUTERS - GEORGE HAJ