Yet another feature will soon be open to public in the ancient architecture area of Moscow near the Kremlin...
No available shotlist
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: Yet another feature will soon be open to public in the ancient architecture area of Moscow near the Kremlin...
This is English Mansion, one of the Oldest stone buildings in the city.
First English merchants came to Moscow in 1556. Tsar Ivan IV 'The Terrible' granted them a stone mansion in Kitai-gorod - the business and administrative centre at that time.
Four centuries transformed the building's appearance beyond recognition. It was a hard job for architects and archaeologists to put their finger on it.
New English mansion has been restored to its original appearance. Soon visitors will be able to see the treasury hall used also for receptions and transactions, kitchen and some other rooms of this 16th century building.