Colin Gervaise-brazier, driving his Class One powerboat "Legend", won the Guernsey National Powerboat race on June 3.
1. LV & GV Start of race. (2 SHOTS) 0.20
2. GV Number 62 Colin Gervaise-Brazier. (3 SHOTS) 0.48
3. GV Number 37 John Clarke. 0.58
4. LV Two speed boats racing in competition. 1.22
5. TV Chequered flag. 1.24
6. SV PULL BACK TO GV Colin Gervaise-Brazier crossing finishing line. 1.40
7. GV Gervaise-Brazier receiving laurel and spraying champagne. 2.00
SPORT: POWERBOAT RACING
Script is copyright Reuters Limited. All rights reserved
Background: GUERNSEY, UK
Colin Gervaise-brazier, driving his Class One powerboat "Legend", won the Guernsey National Powerboat race on June 3. Gervaise-Brazier's boat measures 39 feet in length (approximately 12 metres) and boasts 1300 horse power turbo-charged engines. He lives in Guernsey, and helped to organise this year's powerboat meeting. Henry Hector, in his boat "Pantera", won the Class Two section of the event, and John Clarke won Class IIID. Boats in Class Two have 700 to 1000 horse power engines, while Class IIID boats have a 350 horse power capacity. The most exhilarating part of the course proved to be the Gouliot Passage between Sark and Brecquou, where a fierce tide causes a "step" in the sea.
Source: REUTERS - DIMITRI SABBAGH